- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds lump or backfin crabmeat
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup panko
- 1 14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 2 medium peaches, cut into matchsticks
- 2 pickled hot cherry peppers, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
In a large bowl, toss the crabmeat, bell pepper and herbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg white, mayonnaise, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add to the crab mixture; mix until combined. Add the panko; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss the coleslaw mix, peaches, cherry peppers, vinegar, sugar, 2 tbsp. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt. Let stand, tossing often, for 30 minutes.
Form the crab mixture into eight 1-inch-thick cakes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tbsp. oil over medium. Add 4 crab cakes; cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Place on a rack set in a baking sheet to keep crisp. Repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tbsp. oil and crab cakes. Serve with lemon wedges and slaw.