- Prep Time
- 1 3/4 cups couscous
- 4 oranges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
In a medium bowl, combine the couscous with 1 3/4 cups very hot water. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the rinds from the oranges. Working over a large bowl, cut the segments between the membranes and let the fruit fall into the bowl. Squeeze any remaining juice into a small bowl; stir in the vinegar, cumin, cinnamon and allspice. Whisk in the EVOO.
Add the couscous, pistachios, mint and scallions to the oranges. Stir in the vinaigrette and season.