- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetabe stock
- 2 teaspoons orange zest and 3 tbsp. juice, (from 1 small orange)
- 3 cloves gralic, minced
- 1/2 large bunch curly-leaf kale, stemmed and chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . In a bowl, mix 1 tsp. coriander, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper; rub all over the chicken. In a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high. Cook the chicken, skin side down, until browned, 8 minutes. Turn and cook 8 minutes more; transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 2 tbsp. fat from the skillet.
In the same skillet, cook the chickpeas, stock, orange juice, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp. coriander over medium, stirring, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Nestle the chicken, skin side up, in the chickpeas; roast until juices run clear when pierced with a knife, about 7 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. Toss the kale into the chickpeas; season. Return the chicken to the skillet; drizzle with EVOO and zest. Divide among plates.