Recipe by Coolio
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
1 cup fresh raspberries
4 tsp. sugar
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 8 oz. each)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 yellow chile, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup self-rising flour
1. In a small saucepan, bring the berries, sugar, 2 tbsp. water, and 1/4 tsp. salt just to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring often and mashing some of the berries, until a sauce forms, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, toss the chicken and vinegar. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the onion, chile, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the mixture softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl.
4. Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Remove the chicken from the marinade. On a plate, season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the bag. Seal and shake until the chicken is coated. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Return the onion mixture to the skillet. Stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
5. Divide the chicken and onion mixture among 4 plates. Top with the raspberry sauce.