- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo (about 9 oz.)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 pints coffee ice cream
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon whiskey or brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Coarsely chopped chocolate, for topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a food processor, pulse the cookies until finely ground. Add the flour, butter and brown sugar; process until combined. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Freeze the crust for 20 minutes, then bake until set, about 12 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let sit until softened, about 10 minutes. spoon the ice cream into the crust, smoothing the top. Freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the caramel sauce and whiskey. in a large bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the ice cream. Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate and drizzle with the caramel-whiskey sauce. Serve with more sauce.