- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup panko
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Using a food processor, finely chop the coconut; transfer to a shallow bowl. Stir in the panko and season with salt and pepper. Place the flour in another shallow bowl.
In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy, then stir in the coconut extract. Working in 3 batches, coat the shrimp in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in the egg white mixture to coat completely, then toss in the coconut-panko mixture. Place on a wire rack set on a baking sheet. Bake until golden and the shrimp are cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, using the food processor, pulse the pineapple, chili garlic sauce and cilantro until coarsely chopped; season with salt and pepper. Serve the shrimp with the pineapple-cilantro dip.