Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RDN
- 2 scallions, greens and whites separated and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 can (13.5 to 14 oz.) light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups Tex-Mex Black Beans, thawed
- 1 cup chopped mango
1. Make Big-Batch Tex-Mex Black Beans and portion out 3 cups for this recipe.
2. In a large saucepan, cook scallion whites, garlic, ginger and cumin in oil over medium-high until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add coconut milk, stock and Tex-Mex Black Beans; simmer, stirring often, until flavors meld, about 12 minutes. Puree in blender; season. Top soup with scallion greens and mango.