- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 turkey thighs (about 3-3/4 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees . In a small bowl, combine the cocoa and 1 tablespoon salt. Rub the turkey with the oil and sprinkle with the cocoa mixture. Roast the turkey, skin side up, until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees , about 50 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and tent with foil.
Add 3/4 cup water to the roasting pan and simmer over medium heat, scraping up the browned bits.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and coriander and cook for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water, the rice and 3/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the peanuts.
In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the banana slices and cook until lightly browned on each side; season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the turkey with the peanut rice, fried bananas and pan gravy.