- 1 roasting chicken (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 small orange, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . Stuff the chicken cavity with the orange, lemon, onion and bay leaves. Tie up the legs with kitchen string and season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, drizzle with the EVOO and roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer inserted at the thickest part of the thigh registers 160 degrees , 60 to 90 minutes.