- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (a generous handful)
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- Juice of 1 lime, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- Segments of 1 orange, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 6 - 8 ounces pieces mahi mahi, halibut or orange roughy
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
In a shallow dish, combine 2 tablespoons EVOO, the parsley, lemon juice and peel, lime juice and peel, orange peel, hot sauce and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add the fish and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO , 1 turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and scallions, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the couscous, cover and keep warm.
Grill the fish until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
Fluff the couscous, then mix in the chopped orange. Serve with the fish.