- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/4 pounds tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 8 cups tortilla chips (about 4 oz.)
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream, whisked with 1 to 2 tbsp. water to thin
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
Preheat the broiler. On a baking sheet, toss the tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeno and oil. Broil until the vegetables are softened and blackened in spots, transferring ingredients to a bowl as they blacken, 6 to 12 minutes. Stem and seed the jalapeno and transfer to a blender along with the other vegetables. Add the stock and 1 cup cilantro; pulse until smooth. Season the salsa verde generously with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet with a lid, cook the chorizo over medium, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
Pour off the drippings from the skillet, add the salsa verde and bring to a boil. Stir in the chips; cook until just beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Top with the beans and chorizo; cover and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among plates. Drizzle with the sour cream. Top with the feta and remaining 1/3 cup cilantro.