- 2 tablespoons pureed or finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons acacia or other mild honey, or agave syrup
- About 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 small rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 pound fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 2 hearts or 1 large head romaine, chopped
- 2 tomatoes on the vine, seeded and diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips or strips, preferably Xochitl, lightly crushed
- 1 cup queso fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 red or white onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno or Serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- A handful fresh cilantro tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
In a large bowl, whisk the chipotle, vinegar and honey; gradually whisk in the EVOO in a slow, steady stream.
Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces, discarding the skin and bones.
In a small nonstick skillet, cook the chorizo, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, over medium-high, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to paper towels.
Add the lettuce, tomatoes, chips, cheese, onion, chiles, parsley and cilantro to the bowl with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange the salad on plates or a platter and top with the chicken, chorizo, olives and scallions.