- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs plus one egg white
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees . Butter a 10-inch springform pan, dust with 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and place on a baking sheet.
In a saucepan, whisk together the coffee, whiskey, butter and 3/4 cup cocoa powder over low heat. Whisk in the granulated and brown sugars. Let cool. In a small bowl, toss the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, pepper and cloves. Whisk the eggs, egg white and vanilla into the cooled coffee-chocolate mixture. Whisk in the flour mixture. Fold the cocoa-dusted chocolate chips into the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out just slightly moist, about 1 hour. Let cool. Dust with the remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder before serving.