- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 8 Oreo cookies, chopped
1. In a medium bowl, mix the chocolate and cocoa powder and set aside.
2. In a medium, heavy saucepan, heat the half-and-half over medium-high heat until almost boiling (bubbles will form around the edges).
3. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until thick and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk half of the hot half-and-half into the egg mixture and then pour the mixture into the saucepan. Bring just to a boil over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until bubbly and thickened, 1 minute.
4. Pour the custard through a sieve into the reserved chocolate-cocoa mixture and whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly, then press plastic wrap onto the surface to cover; refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
5. Scoop the chocolate pudding into individual cups and top with the whipped cream and cookies.