- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 10 ounce bag large marshmallows (about 45)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt 17 marshmallows, the butter and 1 ounce chocolate, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in the cereal. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tart pan and, using a greased rubber spatula or your hands, press into the bottom and up the sides. Wipe out the double-boiler insert.
In the double boiler, melt the remaining marshmallows in the milk over simmering water, stirring frequently, until smooth; let cool. Pour the mixture into the crust; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Wipe out the double-boiler insert.
In the double boiler, melt the remaining 7 ounces chocolate over simmering water, whisking constantly, until smooth. Stir in the oil, 3/4 cup toasted coconut and 1/2 cup pecans. Spoon the mixture onto the tart and spread evenly to cover the marshmallow layer. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup coconut and 1/4 cup pecans; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.