Recipe by Rachael Ray
- 4 bone-in pork chops (each 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups frozen fire-roasted corn kernels
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light-green parts only, chopped
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 jalapeño chiles, finely chopped
- 2 to 4 tbsp. chipotle Tabasco or 1 finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp. light agave syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. (about 1/3 palmful) dried oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Season the chops generously with salt and pepper. In the skillet, heat the oil, two turns of the pan. Add the chops and cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a plate.
3. Add the butter to the skillet. When it foams, add the corn, scallions, tomatoes, chiles, Tabasco, agave, thyme, garlic, and dried oregano. Nestle the chops in the corn in the skillet. Roast in the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the chops registers 145°, 10 to 15 minutes.