Recipe by Sarah Copeland
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large carrots (about 2 lbs.), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 2/3 cup rinsed canned cannellini beans (from 14- to 15.5-oz. can)
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. fine sea salt
- Plain whole-milk yogurt, for drizzling
1. In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the carrots are lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Add the stock, beans, red peppers, vinegar and salt. Simmer until the carrots are tender and the beans break down, about 20 minutes more.
2. Using an immersion blender or in a standard blender, puree the soup about 1 minute. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. Season; stir in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Transfer
the soup to a leak-proof insulated container. Serve chilled or at room temperature in cups or bowls; drizzle with the yogurt and olive oil.