- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cucumberspeeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups canned coconut water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds (optional)
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the cucumbers and celery and cook until softened, about 8 minutes (don't let them brown). Add the coconut water, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
Using a blender, puree the soup. Strain the mixture, pressing to extract any liquids; discard the solids. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice; let cool.
Stir in the buttermilk, season with salt and refrigerate. Top with the fennel fronds, if using.