- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 limes, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (half of a small bunch) chopped cilantro
- 2 hass avocados
- 4 center-cut boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
Juice 1 lime half into a bowl. Whisk in 1/4 cup EVOO and 3/4 teaspoon chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the black beans, bell pepper, scallion and cilantro. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until ready to serve.
Halve the avocados lengthwise and pit (but dont peel). Rub the cut surface with another lime half.
Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the pork chops with EVOO and rub with the remaining 1 tablespoon chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until cooked through but still juicy, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Grill the remaining 2 lime halves cut side down until lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes; squeeze over the pork chops.
Using a sharp knife, cut the avocados (still in the skin) lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide slices; using a large spoon, scoop the slices out of the skin. Grill the slices until grill marks appear on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Arrange the slices grilled side up over the black bean salad and serve with the pork chops.