- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/4 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound baby carrots, cut crosswise into thirds
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted garlic pasta sauce
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1 9 ounce package fresh linguine
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the beef and sprinkle with the chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is browned all over and has released some juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO, the carrots and a sprinkling of salt. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their liquid, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the pasta sauce and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until the carrots are crisp-tender and the liquid reduces a bit, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the peas and simmer to heat through, 3 to 4 minutes. Return the beef and any juices from the plate to the pan and heat briefly.
While the vegetables are cooking, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cut the linguine in half, add to the boiling water and stir. Cook until the pasta rises to the surface (this means its done), 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
Serve the beef and vegetables over the linguine. Top with the cilantro.