Recipe by Lauren Schaefer
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage (about half of a small head)
- 3/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1/4 cup chile-garlic sauce
- 3 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 avocado, sliced, or 1 cup shelled edamame
- 4 small radishes or 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro sprigs
- Mayonnaise (preferably Kewpie brand), for drizzling (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. In a small bowl, toss the cabbage and vinegar. Let marinate while preparing the rest of the bowl.
2. Place the chicken on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk the chile-garlic sauce and 1 tsp. sesame oil for the sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the sauce over the chicken. Bake until the chicken is heated through and the sauce is slightly sticky, 5 to 7 minutes. Slice the chicken.
3. In a large bowl, mix the rice, scallions, sesame seeds, ginger, and the remaining 2 tsp. sesame oil.
4. Divide the rice among 4 bowls. Drain the cabbage. Top the rice with the chicken, cabbage, avocado, and radishes. Halve the eggs and arrange in the bowls. Garnish with the cilantro. Drizzle with mayonnaise (if using).