- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until the edges are browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, coriander, cumin, garam masala and turmeric. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes more.
Stir in the chickpeas, add the salt and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook about 5 minutes more.