- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 piece (2-in.) fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, cut on an angle into 2-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain thoroughly.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, add the vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Toss the chicken with the ginger; season with pepper. Add the chicken to the hot skillet in an even layer and let it brown up, 4 to 5 minutes.
Shake and stir the skillet to turn the chicken pieces, then add the scallions, tamari, sugar and sesame oil. Simmer for 1 minute.
Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. To serve, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.