- Prep Time
- 2 pounds small yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 gala, honey crisp or golden delicious apple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bosc pear, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 pinches nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4-1/3 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/3 pound ripe camembert cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10-12 chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1. In a deep pot, add the potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, salt the water and cook the potatoes until tender, 15 minutes. Drain.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden, 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apple, pear and nutmeg; season with salt. Stir in the lemon juice for 3 minutes, then stir in the honey for 1 minute.
4. Mash the potatoes with the milk and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Slice the chicken breasts on an angle, arrange alongside the potatoes and top with the fruit. In a small bowl, combine the chives, thyme and lemon peel; sprinkle over the chicken and potatoes.