- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the garlic, ginger, jalapeno and shallot and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Stir in the spices and cook 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes, scraping up any browned bits.
Transfer the sauce to a blender and puree. Return sauce to the pan, stir in the cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir in the peas; simmer 5 minutes.
Divide the rice among bowls and top with the chicken and sauce.
Bonus: We challenged Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson to make this recipe! See how he did.