- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned jalapeno chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (a palmful)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, shredded
- 1 cup taco sauce
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup onion, jalapenos, chili powder, grill seasoning and garlic. Form four patties.
Have a Grown-Up Helper (GH) heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. Have your GH add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side. When they're almost done, top each patty with a mound of cheese and cook until melted. Layer the bun bottoms with the lettuce, a chicken patty, taco sauce, extra onion and a bun top.