Recipe by Sarah Copeland
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 lemons—1 juiced (about 1/4 cup) and 1 cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. In a large resealable plastic freezer bag, mix the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, the garlic, paprika, cumin, turmeric and 1 tsp. salt. Add the drumsticks, seal the bag and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes, or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
2. Heat a grill to medium. Grill the chicken, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with oil, top with cilantro, if using, and serve with the lemon wedges.