- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs.)
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch scallion greens, thinly sliced (whites reserved for another use)
- 1 medium crisp, sweet apple
- 1/4 cup (or more) EVOO
In a shallow dish, toss together the breadcrumbs, zest, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. On a work surface, pound the thighs 1/4 inch thick. Dip each thigh into the egg whites, then coat with breadcrumb mixture and transfer to a large plate.
In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and vinegar. Add the cabbage and scallions; toss well. Using a box grater, grate the apple and toss with the slaw. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium. Add 1/4 cup EVOO. Working in batches, pan-fry the thighs until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining thighs, adding 1 or 2 tbsp. more EVOO between batches as needed.
Arrange 2 thighs on each plate and top with some of the slaw. Serve with lemon wedges and the remaining slaw.