- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 pound green cabbage, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 2 apples, such as granny smith and mcintosh, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausage links (about 9 ounces), halved lengthwise
In a bowl, combine the cabbage and apples. In another bowl, whisk together the vinegar, buttermilk, mustard and sugar; season with salt and pepper. Toss with the cabbage.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Prick the skin side of the sausages with a fork, add to the skillet and cook, turning once, until browned, about 5 minutes. Serve with the cabbage-apple slaw.