- Prep Time
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 2 cups skinned and sliced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots (a generous handful)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside.
While the pasta is working, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water. Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine. Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.