- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Grated peel and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a medium saucepan, bring the shallots and oil to a simmer over medium heat and fry, stirring, until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain; season with salt. Reserve 1/4 cup shallot oil.
In a large serving bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, radishes, carrots, cilantro and pasta.
Whisk the lime peel and juice and honey into the reserved oil; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad, season with salt and toss. Top with the fried shallots.