- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 6 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add the onions; cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the flour and paprika; stir 1 minute to blend. Whisk in the stock; add the tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium- low; cover. Simmer, stirring often, until flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
Add the chicken; cook, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then stir in the sour cream. Season.
While the chicken is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the noodles and cook to al dente; drain. Divide among plates. Top with the paprikash and parsley.