- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 chicken cutlets (6 1/2 ounces)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- A few dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce, torn in half
In a medium nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat, cook the turkey bacon until crisp, about 11 minutes.
Wipe out the skillet and drizzle with a little EVOO. Cook the chicken, turning once, until opaque, about 3 minutes on each side.
For the pup, finely chop 1 piece chicken, 2 pieces toast and 2 slices bacon, and combine in a bowl. Moisten with the broth and serve.
For yourself, season the remaining 1 piece chicken with salt and pepper and set aside. Mash the avocado and mix in the tomato, lime juice and hot pepper sauce; season with salt. Top 1 piece toast with half the avocado mash, the lettuce, the reserved chicken, the remaining 2 slices bacon, more avocado mash and the remaining piece of toast. Cut the sammy from corner to corner.