- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought salsa verde
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then shred the meat.
Whisk together the salsa verde and ricotta; season with salt and pepper. In a greased 9-inch square baking dish, layer one-third of the salsa mixture, tortillas, chicken, onion, spinach and pepper jack; repeat twice. Bake until golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.