- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and celery and cook until the chicken is golden-brown, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the cooked orzo, the beans, chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until heated through. Stir in the parsley.