- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 small (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 to 15.5 oz.) low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa
- 3 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar
Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees . Coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Divide between two baking sheets. Bake, turning once and switching the pans from top to bottom, until golden, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
In a medium bowl, toss the chicken, 1 tsp. oil and 1/4 tsp. chili powder; season with salt. Transfer to a baking sheet; roast until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes. Shred the chicken.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and the remaining 1/4 tsp. chili powder. Cook, stirring often, until the veggies begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beans; season with salt. Cook, stirring often, until warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; coarsely mash with a fork.
Spread the tortillas with the beans, then top with the chicken and romaine. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with 2 tsp. water; drizzle over the tostadas. Top with salsa and cheese.