- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/3 cups dried cherries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line a cookie sheet with parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, then the vanilla, beating well after each addition. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in the oats, pecans and cherries.
Using a large cookie scoop (6 tbsp.), drop about 6 balls of dough 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet. Bake until golden around the edges, about 15 minutes. Let sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool. Repeat for 2 more batches.