- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 cup finely chopped shiitake mushroom caps
- 2/3 cup (packed) finely chopped baby kale
- 1/3 cup grated red onion
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Cooking spray
- 4 slices Gruyere, halved diagonally
- 8 whole-grain slider rolls, split
- Sliced avocado, sliced tomatoes and watercress, for topping
1. In a large bowl, mix the turkey, mushrooms, kale, onion, oats, balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. salt and 3/4 tsp. pepper until just blended. Form into 8 balls (about a rounded 1/4 cup each).
2. Coat a large griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium.
3. Working in batches if needed, add the balls to the skillet. Using your fingers, gently flatten into 3-inch patties. Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with a piece of cheese.
4. Divide the patties among the roll bottoms. Add toppings and roll tops.