- Prep Time
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 8 ears corn, cooked, kernels sliced off the cob
- 2 red or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 2 chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups corn chips, such as Fritos, crushed
In a large bowl, mix the cheese, lettuce, corn, bell peppers, jalapenos, onion, mayonnaise and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Put into individual plastic serving containers, cover with a lid and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Just before serving, top the salad with the corn chips.