- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup pearled farro
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups (packed) baby kale
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets and stem sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Preheat the oven to 475°.
In a large saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. oil, two turns of the pan, over medium. Add the garlic; stir a minute, then add the stock and farro. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; season with salt and pepper. Cook uncovered at a low rolling boil until the farro is tender, about 25 minutes. Add the kale and stir until wilted, a minute or two; season with nutmeg. Stir in the hazelnuts.
Meanwhile, on a large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 2 tbsp. oil and the rosemary; season. Arrange the cauliflower close together; top with the cheese. Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
Divide the farro mixture among bowls. Top with the roasted cauliflower.