- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup EVOO, plus more for greasing
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack
- 1 large white onion, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 soft corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 cup white rice, cooked and tossed with chopped cilantro
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained, rinsed and warmed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, cook the mushrooms in 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 15 minutes. Toss in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups cheese; season.
In the skillet, cook the onion in the remaining EVOO over medium heat, stirring, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add spices; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup water. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt.
In a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish, spread a third of the sauce. Coat tortillas in some sauce. Spread 1/3 cup mushroom filling down the centers; roll up and transfer to dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, 15 minutes. Serve with rice and beans.