- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 6 ounce packages cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in the bread cubes and let soak for 10 minutes. Stir in the mushroom mixture and the mozzarella. Transfer to a greased 11/2-quart baking dish; sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan on top. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.