Recipe by Nina Elder
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 rolls
- 12 store-bought soft, pull-apart dinner rolls
- 6 tbsp. butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 to 12 fresh sage leaves, washed and patted dry
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Remove the rolls from the package and wrap them in foil. Transfer to the oven and heat until warm, 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. When it stops foaming, add the sage leaves. Cook, swirling frequently, until the sage leaves are crisp and brown flecks appear in the butter, about 4 minutes. Transfer the sage leaves to a plate.
3. Transfer the rolls to a plate. Drizzle the brown butter over the rolls. Top with the sage leaves. (If the leaves are large, crumble them over the rolls.)