- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 teaspoons EVOO
- 4 chicken leg quarters (about 1 1/3 lbs.)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/4 baguette (3 oz.), cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. In a skillet, heat EVOO over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook, skin side down, until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. turn and cook 10 minutes more. transfer chicken to a 3-qt. baking dish.
2. Pour the fat out of the skillet, add half the bacon and cook, stirring, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, garlic and rosemary and cook 1 minute. Stir in the broth and beans. Using a fork, mash some of the beans to thicken the liquid. Spoon the bean mixture around the chicken.
3. In a food processor, pulse the baguette with the remaining bacon until crumbs form. Sprinkle on the casserole and bake until the chicken is cooked, the bean mixture is bubbling and the topping is golden-brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.