- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces spicy smoked turkey or chicken sausage, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 bunches swiss chard, center rib discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch ribbons
- Salt and pepper
In a large pot, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden, about 7 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until almost dry, 2 minutes. Add 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, stir in the beans and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the chard and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.