- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery, with some leaves
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 1 cup orange liqueur (such as Cointreau)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice plus 2 tbsp.
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Celery sticks for garnish
Make the Syrup
In a large jar with a tight-fitting lid, vigorously shake sugar, chopped celery and water until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Strain into a pitcher.
Mix the Drink
Add tequila, orange liqueur, 1 1/4 cup lime juice and carrot juice to the pitcher; stir.
Rim the Glass
Pour 2 tbsp. lime juice on a plate. Spread salt and cumin on another plate. Dip the rims of 8 glasses into the lime juice, then into the salt and cumin.
Fill the glasses with ice, then add the margarita. Garnish with celery sticks.