- 1 ball One-Hour Dough
- Flour, for dusting
- Fine semonila or cornmeal, for dusting the peel
- 1/3 cup Naples Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- A few fresh basil leaves, torn
- EVOO, for drizzling
- 4 thin slices prosciutto cotto (cooked ham)
- 1/3 cup Marsala Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced artichoke hearts
- A small handful olives, oil-cured or another variety, pitted and roughly chopped
Make the dough. At least an hour before you're ready to bake the pizzas, place a pizza stone in your oven and preheat the oven as high as it will go (around 550 degrees ).
On a floured surface, roll the dough to a 10- to 12-inch round and transfer to a semolina-dusted pizza peel. Using the back of a spoon, slather the pizza sauce on the dough in a thin layer, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the mozzarella and basil. If you're combining the toppings, sprinkle them over the dough. If arranging in quadrants, drizzle one-quarter of the pie with EVOO. Top the next quadrant with the ham. Top the third quadrant with the mushrooms. In the fourth quadrant, arrange the artichokes and olives.
Bake 5 to 6 minutes, then broil 1 to 2 minutes to char the edges.