Recipe by Tracy Seaman
This recipe originally appeared in our Harvest 2020 issue. Get the magazine here.
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups marinara sauce
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, halved
- 1 tbsp. capers in brine, rinsed
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 500°. Stretch pizza dough and place on large baking sheet. In food processor, finely chop eggplant; transfer to large skillet. Add 1/4 cup oil and stir over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add onion and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in marinara. Stretch dough again; drizzle with oil. Top with 1 1/4 cups of eggplant sauce, spreading with back of spoon. Bake for 7 minutes; top with mozzarella, olives, and capers. Bake until browned, 7 to 9 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley.