Recipe by Laraine Perr
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 oz. coarsely grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- eight 4-inch pizzelle cookies
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
In shallow dish, combine first 5 ingredients. In dish, spread in an even layer; freeze until slightly firm, 20 minutes. Spread onto 4 pizzelles; top each with another cookie. Roll sandwich edges in pistachios. Serve chilled.
Big Chill: Don’t skip the freezer step—it helps firm up the cannoli filling so less will smoosh out when you take a bite of the sandwich.