- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- A handful grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, just enough to bind
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves from the heart, finely chopped
Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs, scoop the yolks into a bowl and stand the hard-boiled egg whites upright in the egg carton. If you prefer to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic directly over the bowl, then add the anchovy paste, parmigiano-reggiano, onion, mayo, worcestershire, lemon juice, pepper and half of the finely chopped lettuce. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings.
Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining finely chopped greens.